Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce (Kraftfoods.com)

This was really good!!! Enjoy!!
~Tara

2 cups instant brown rice - uncooked
1 can (14 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth divided
10 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (I used low fat)
4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tsp oil (I used Canola oil and added as needed)
1/3 cup Philadelphia Chive & Onion Light Cream Cheese Spread

I served with asparagus.

Cook rice as directed in pkg., using 1 1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water

Meanwhile Mix cracker crumbs with Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken in cold water; gently shake excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture and coat each side. Discard any remaining crumbs.

Heat oil in large skillet on med. heat. Add chicken - cook 5-6 min. on each side or until golden brown. Place chicken on serving plate and cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and the cream cheese to skillet (with crumbs left in). Cook on med. heat just until mixture comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 min. or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.

Asparagus:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay asparagus on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray or pour olive oil on top lightly. Salt and pepper to liking and cook for about 10 min. To avoid the tough ends break them rather than cut them before cooking. The asparagus will break easily at a natural place where the tough end is gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this last night and it was really good and pretty easy to make. I would suggest pounding the chicken to make it skinner if you have thick chicken breasts. But it was yummy!!!